New Year's resolutions are like assholes, everyone's got one. Some are silly, some serious, some never fulfilled. What are you going to do? F.M. Knowles once said "He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool."
As transgender girls, our resolutions can plunge us into life-changing thoughts. But a resolution doesn't have to be life-changing events. To be effective they only need to have a positive impact on your life, or on the lives of those you love and care about.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Be truthful with others and yourself in all things; eradicate little white lies from your life.
2. be kind to yourself and others. We all need understanding and love: be part of the solution, not the problem. Make the Love Me Pledge.
3. Wear PINK at least once a week.
4. Educate yourself about the condition you have and stop telling yourself its a phase that will pass: it won't.
5. Wear stockings at least once a month.
6. Wear panties everyday!
7. Find friends that like you for you, not for the image you present.
8. Or, my favorite and the ongoing mantra that I live by: