Thursday, October 4, 2012

Can hair Loss Pills Cause Transition?


I don't know about you, but I'm a little skeptical about this news item; it sounds like the plot from a low-budget sci-fi film.  



A Florida man claims anti-hair loss pills changed his gender identity and he's now living as a woman, and he recently opened up to Anderson Cooper about his unexpected change and RadarOnline.com has a clip.

William McKee, 38, was a married father of one when he ordered a generic form of Propecia from an FDA-approved manufacturing plant in India and he claims that after just a few months on the pills, his body felt more feminine and he went through what he calls "a life and death struggle."

Personally, I have had drag queen friends of mine ask me how I tolerated estrogen, saying " I took them for a bit and they made me feel crazy."  So how is it that hair-loss pills would induce transition in a straight heterosexual male.

Seems more like "It wasn't my choice" of an argument to me, the pills being the "reason" rather than accepting ones own gender disposition.

Of course we all have different circumstances in our lives and no one is to say how, when or if someone should or can come out, let alone transition. 

So no matter what the motivator, I can only wish her all the best in her new life and only hope she finds balance and peace within it. 

Your thoughts? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh.... something doesn't sound right about this story... I would love to get those pills though ;) would make my life way easier.

    ReplyDelete